What does this policy cover
Welcome to the Celcy website (the “Site”), an online platform (the “Platform”) that provides access to hardware products (the “Products”) and services, features, content, applications, and other products offered by Counter-Intuitive Cooking, Inc. (d/b/a Celcy Technologies) (“Celcy”, “we”, “us” or “our”) (together with the Platform, including the Site, and the Products, the “Services”). The Platform is operated by Celcy, except and unless otherwise indicated.
Summary: This policy sets out how Celcy collects and uses the information that we collect about you when you use the Celcy services. This policy also explains the choices that you can make about the way that we use your information.
1. Information we collect and its use
We collect the following types of information about you:
(a) Information you provide us directly
We may ask for certain information when you register for a Celcy account or correspond with us (such as a username, your first and last names, birthdate, phone number, profession and e-mail address). We also collect any messages you send us through the Service.
We also collect any messages you send us through the Service, and may collect information you provide to the Service (such as text and photos you upload to use in your designs or posts in our Community). We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to access or use our Service or Community or your experience of using our Service or Community may not be as enjoyable.
Summary: If you give us info about you, we will keep it and use it to provide our Service and make our service better.
(b) Information we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” downloading, installing and/or using the Celcy application, linking your account to the Celcy Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Celcy. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Celcy Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service. We may also receive information about you and your engagement with our advertisements from our ad servers, ad networks and social media platforms. And if you choose to integrate with a third party application to incorporate elements into your designs, enhance media, supercharge your workflow or share to social media, we could receive data from such apps (as well as disclose to such apps as set out below).
Summary: When you use our Service, third parties might give us some info about you, especially if you are signed into a third party account while using our Service. When you choose to link your social media account with our Service such as by logging in through Facebook or Gmail, your social media account provider (such as Google and Facebook) will give us some info about you such as your Facebook user identification number.
(c) Information we collect from you automatically
We directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in maintaining and/or improving the Service. For more information on the analytics cookies we use and how to opt out of third parties collecting this information, please see our Cookies Policy.
Summary: To help us improve our service we keep info about how you use our service.
(d) Cookies information and information taken from similar technologies
When you visit the Service, we (and our third-party partners) will send cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and enables the Celcy service to improve your experience by : expediting your log-in, enhancing your navigation through the site, remembering your preferences, personalizing recommendations and generally improving your user experience. Cookies also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. They also allow us to deliver personalized advertisements that may be of interest to you and measure their effectiveness.
(e) Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Summary: Whenever you load a page from Celcy, your browser sends us info about itself and your interactions with our Service. That info gets stored on our servers.
(f) Clear gifs/web beacons information
When you use the Service, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
Summary: We might do clever stuff with images in order to check how many people open our emails and visit our site.
(g) Device identifiers
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Celcy. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Device Identifiers used by Celcy include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
Summary: In order to track how different people are using our Service we might store a unique ID on your mobile that helps us do that.
(h) Location data
Celcy collects information in order to understand where its users are located for a number of reasons. It helps Celcy to localize and personalize content, undertake aggregated analytics, understand if its users are from homes, businesses or schools, improve advertising efficiency and estimate the tax liability of Celcy.
Celcy may collect your precise or approximate location:
- from you, when you provide, correct or confirm your location ( e.g. when you purchase products from us or enable location services);
- by inferring your location from your IP address; and
- from our partners or your payment provider.
Summary: Celcy may collect and use your location data for personalization, analytics, advertising and tax purposes.
2. How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for the purposes set out above which we have described in more detail below:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you provide us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to Celcy, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your account and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the Celcy Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customizing the Service for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the Service is customized to your needs. For example, if you tell us your favorite meals, it is likely they and similar meals will be recommended to you.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the Celcy Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- For advertising purposes: We use information about you, including cookies information and other information we (and our third-party partners) collect from you automatically, to serve and measure the effectiveness of advertising on the Service and third-party sites and platforms.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all Celcy users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time Celcy may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
- For matters that we are required to use your information by law: Celcy will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms & Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Celcy, our Users or others.
Summary: These are the reasons that Celcy needs to use information about you.
3. Sharing your information
(a) Who we share your information with
Some of the third parties that Celcy may share your personal information with include providers who assist Celcy with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Data labeling and machine learning;
- Advertising and marketing services;
- Delivery of physical products; and
- Other service providers.
Summary: We might share some information with our business partners and third party service providers, but only as necessary to provide the service to you or to fulfill Celcy’s legitimate business interests.
(b) Sharing with other third parties
Celcy will also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where:
- we are required to do so as a result of a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement;
- we believe that it is necessary to protect you or Celcy or other people from harm, such as where we consider that there is a need to investigate or warn of potentially fraudulent, malicious or criminal activity or remove malicious content. For example, this may involve sharing details of an account or website engaged in phishing or a breach of our Terms & Conditions with take down services, intelligence sharing services, law enforcement bodies or on public websites;
- you have consented to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose;
Celcy will also share your information with a third party in circumstances where we sell, divest or transfer Celcy (including any shares in Celcy), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses to a third party. Information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We will also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the event of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of Celcy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Service if such a transaction takes place and be given notice of any material changes to the way we handle your data under this policy.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Summary: If we sell our business, any of the info which we’ve acquired about you may be part of the sale.
4. How we transfer, store and protect your data
Summary: Celcy’s Service uses a global network of services to ensure continuous uptime and deliver a remarkable experience for each user. This means your information might be transferred to the US, Europe and anywhere else the service is operated.
5. Keeping your information safe
Celcy cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Celcy, at all times. However, Celcy cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Celcy or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the Celcy Service, such as social networks. Celcy is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Summary: We care about the safety of your data and have implemented industry recognized measures to protect it, but unfortunately we can’t guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to it.
6. Compromise of information
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Celcy will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Summary: If there is a breach of our security we will investigate it and let any affected users know.
7. Your choices about your information
(a) You control your account information and settings
You may update your account information by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) although you can object to us providing these emails by emailing email@example.com.
If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: You have control over your account settings, such as your account information and marketing email notifications, but there’s some important stuff we’ll always send you. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
(b) Opting out of collection of your information
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Celcy or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by Celcy, including via third parties’ websites. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, please read our Cookies Policy or you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want us to stop collecting information about you, there may be some settings you can adjust in your browser or device. But Celcy might be pretty boring without it.
(c) Rights in respect of your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. In certain circumstances, users in the EEA have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information.
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at privacy@Celcy.com. You also have the right to object to our processing of personal data about you in order to send you marketing and we will stop processing data for that purpose.
In some circumstances Celcy will not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. If we are unable to remove any of your information, we will let you know why. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. For our Community, we will remove your profile information where possible , but this may have been indexed by search engines or copied by other Users or included in the body of posts. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties, such as by publishing a design on a third party’s website. In that case Celcy will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you also have the option to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. Where you have provided your consent to certain processing and no longer want us to use your information for that purpose, you may withdraw your consent to this use, although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please see paragraph “You control your account information and settings” for more options on how to opt-out of marketing communications.
Summary: You may have specific rights in relation to your information depending on where you live. In particular, if you are located in the EEA, in certain circumstances you have a right to request a copy of your information, object to your use of information and a right to request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it.
8. How long we keep your information
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Celcy will retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, Celcy will retain your information for the purpose of complying with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
Summary: We retain your profile information and user content for the purpose of providing our Service to you and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
9. Links to other websites and services
10. California users’ Privacy Rights
Californian users of Celcy have additional rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories of personal information collected by Celcy
For more details about the personal information Celcy has collected in the past year, please see section 1 “Information we collect and its use”. For details on how we use that information, and who we share it with, please see section 2 “How we use your information” and section 3 “Sharing your information”.
Celcy does not “sell” (as defined in the CCPA) the personal information of Celcy users.
Making A Request In Relation To Your Personal Information
The CCPA gives California consumers various rights with respect to the personal information we collect, including the right to (subject to certain limitations):
- Request to access the personal information Celcy has about you; and
- Request that Celcy delete all of your personal information.
California users may make a request by contacting us at email@example.com. We will authenticate your request using the email address associated with your Celcy account and if necessary, proof of residency.
Summary: The CCPA creates new consumer rights for Californian users as of 1 January 2020.
11. Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect our current practice and ensure compliance with applicable laws. When we post changes to this policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to inform yourself of any changes.
12. How to contact us
Head of Privacy
1700 South Road
Baltimore, MD 21209
Summary: Your privacy is important to us and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.